This residential MasterClass, entitled “Practical dementia diagnosis and care”, is for secondary care clinicians, including nurses, old age psychiatry consultants and registrars. The training course will be held at Manchester Conference Centre delivered in partnership with the University of Manchester, and will cover topics including:
- Practical neuroimaging for dementia
- Less common forms of dementia
- Practical dementia assessment
- Primary care aspects
- The acute setting – including delirium assessment
- Psychiatric and behavioural disturbances
- Cognitive impairment
- Workshops around: driving and legal aspects, carer support, community support, OT assessment
To see the provisional programme click here
The course will cost £275 + VAT = £330, which includes all meeting materials, meals and onenight of accommodation at the meeting venue on the 12th October. Delegates are responsible for their own travel costs and accommodation the night prior to the course. Please do not send any money – wait for your place to be confirmed once we have received your completed application form.
A pre course needs assessment will need to be completed to ensure the course is adapted for each individuals needs. This will be sent to you upon confirmation.