The Dementia Academy has held a series of weekly #DementiaCovid19 webinars to share experiences, resources and information regarding the frontline care and support of people with dementia and their care partners in the COVID-19 world.
Issues that have been addressed include:
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on people with dementia living at home or in care homes?
- How has practice changed to accommodate
- How can we support care partners and families of people with dementia?
- What tools are available to support clinicians and families?
- Is there any updated scientific literature to support decision making?
- How can BPSD be managed in restrictive circumstances?
You can access the video conferences from your computer, tablet or phone. All webinars are recorded and available here on our website following the meetings.
→ Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates about our webinars.
What topics would you like to hear about?
The Dementia Academy is keen to support you with relevant information, education and signposting wherever possible. We can offer webinars on specific topics, or resources to assist you in supporting patients remotely. We can also provide a space for you to share examples of positive practice with your peers.
Please contact us, or leave a comment below, if you have ideas and suggestions of how we can best do this. If you need ideas, please see MS Academy’s COVID-19 resources to understand how we are supporting MS professionals at this time.