This residential MasterClass, entitled “Practical dementia diagnosis and care”, is for secondary care clinicians, including nurses, old age psychiatry consultants and registrars. The training course will be held in Sheffield delivered in partnership with the University of Manchester, and will cover topics including:
- Practical neuroimaging for dementia
- Less common forms of dementia
- Practical dementia assessment
- Primary care aspects
- The acute setting – including delirium assessment
- Psychiatric and behavioural disturbances
- Cognitive impairment
- Workshops around: driving and legal aspects, carer support, community support, OT assessment
The course will cost £475 per person plus VAT = £570, which includes all meeting materials and an evening dinner. Accommodation is not included in the course fee.
Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation and travel costs. We can offer you a rate of £75 at the course venue Halifax Hall hotel. Alternatively, there are cheaper rooms available at their sister hotel Jonas for £50 per night, also on the campus behind Halifax Hall. Both rates include breakfast at Halifax Hall.
With your confirmation you will receive further information on how to book your accommodation.