Interactive dementia pathway toolkit
The Dementia Interactive Care Pathway Toolkit maps out the care pathway a dementia patient will follow and provides a roadmap for the services and support needed from diagnosis to end-of-life care.
Download the Dementia Academy’s Dementia Interactive Care Pathway Toolkit.
The Dementia Academy had its first MasterClass on 2 March 2016 with a focus on primary care. Here are some photos, files and notes from the day:
- Overview of dementia ‘Then and now’, Ross Dunne
- Case study for GPs
- Needs of family carers of people with dementia, GPs 2015
- The needs of family care givers, Sue Ashcroft-Simpson
- The Zarit Burden Interview
- Dementia and Greater Manchester Police, Adele Owen
- Dementia Buddy, Guardian Angel and more information about the devices on the Guardian Angel website
- Dementia diagnosis and management, NHS England
- Driving and Dementia, Alison Morris
- Emergency Information Card, Greater Manchester Police
- Family carers discussion
- Best practice guidance in covert administration of medication, NHS PrescQIPP
- Lying to people with dementia: treacherous act or beneficial therapy? Tony McElveen
Dementia Statistics Hub
Dementia Statistics Hub, created by Alzheimer’s Research UK, is the place to go for statistical information about dementia. All of the data is referenced, linked to the source and shareable.
DEMENTIA EMERGENCY APP
A free app for emergency service personnel and family carers to help them deal with emergency situations involving people living with dementia. It includes general advice on how to approach someone with mid to later stage dementia who is anxious or upset and guidance on dealing with specific situations.
DEMENTIA DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT: A BRIEF PRAGMATIC RESOURCE FOR GENERAL PRACTITIONERS
This resource pack has been brought together by NHS England with the aim of supporting GPs to identify and appropriately manage dementia patients in the primary care environment.